Keeping score always accurate is extremely crucial in every competitive dart game with your friends. In that case, the best dart scorer is a simple but reliable solution to help you get out of any calculating hassle.
Dart scorers are available in many types, at various budgets, by different dependable brands, leaving many customers hesitant about which one is the most suitable for them.
Therefore, we have spent time testing, investigating, and selecting some good picks on the market to help you choose the best option. So, let’s get started!
Top 5 Best Dart Scorers To Buy Online
1. Viper ProScore Digital Dart Scorer 37-0116: Best For Large Groups
- Brings all of the exciting games you find with electronic dartboards, and makes...
- Features a large, backlit LCD monitor that can easily be seen from the throw...
- Fun for up to 8 players, with 40 games to choose from and 655 game options,...
- Designed with an auto-off mode and a sleep mode to help save battery power; The...
- Measuring 5" L x 1.5" W x 10.25" H, the Viper ProScore is battery operated,...
If you frequently participate in big games with multiplayer, this digital dart scorer from Viper is an ideal option for you as it can track the scores of a maximum of 8 players.
It offers 40 games and 655 game options to choose from, including cricket, 301 league – 901 league, count up, killer, etc. For cricket games, the scorer also allows players to custom handicap options to give them a head start.
This Viper digital dart scorer runs on both battery power and AC adapter, which means you don’t need to worry even if the power source suddenly cuts off. Thanks to the auto shut-off and sleep mode, the battery life is well improved and saved.
Besides the normal Player mode, you can practice and enhance your skills by challenging the Computer mode’s difficulty levels. Though the LCD monitor is reasonably large and lit by LED lights, the dart scorer’s size is relatively small. That means you can easily hang it up without taking up too much space, either on the wall or the cabinet with the included mounting accessories.
- Suitable for multi-players
- Features 40 games and 650 game options
- Works with both battery and AC adapter
- Offers sleep and auto shut-off mode
- Large LCD screen with LED-backlit lights
- Comes in a small size
2. IgnatGames Dry Erase Darts Scoreboard 07V9FZQQ1: Best magnetic dart scorer
- ✔PLAY A VARIETY OF GAMES: This darts scoreboard with printed out-chart is...
- ✔VERSATILE AND EASY TO USE: Turn this double-sided magnetic dart scoreboard in...
- ✔FAST WRITE & WIPE EXPERIENCE: Our magnetic dry erase scoreboard provides you...
- ✔PERFECT SIZE FOR EASY READ: This dart game scoreboard with a stylish frame...
- ✔SAVE MONEY ON QUALITY DARTS GEAR: Buy this professional scoreboard and the...
Though this IgnatGames Scoreboard is originally designed for X01 and Cricket, it is also suitable for other 10 types of gaming formats. The most outstanding feature of this scorer is its double-sided magnetic face.
You can turn it over to fit any game variations. In particular, there is a printed sheet at the bottom for triple, double, out-chart, and bull’s eye shots, which comes in handy. That is a useful reference when totaling the scores.
The scorer also includes the installation kit so that you can easily hang it up and move it whenever you want. But the manufacturer advises the most suitable height to hang around is 7 feet above the floor.
In terms of appearance, this dart scorer is made of composite wood and coated with a polymer frame and a metal sheet. It also comes with 2 dry erase pens and a magnetic cap sticking on the scoreboard. So, you don’t have to worry about losing the pens anymore.
However, compared to other dry erase dart scorers on the market, this product costs relatively high.
- Features a double-sided magnetic face
- Versatile to over 10 game options
- Offers additional space for double, triple, out chart, and bullseye
- Easy to install and use
- Comes with two magnetic pens
- Quite expensive
3. Viper by GLD Products Store Vault Cabinet: Best Comprehensive Cabinet Set
- Comprehensive bundle features a dartboard cabinet, dartboard, steel tip darts,...
- Open dimensions: 42" L x 21.5" W x 3" D; closed dimensions: 21" L x 21.5" W x 3"...
- Viper Shot King dartboard is constructed from sisal/bristle fibers compressed...
- Measuring 18" in diameter, the Viper Shot King is official tournament size; A...
- Viper Shadow Buster cabinet mounted display light illuminates your dartboard;...
If you’re looking for a comprehensive set for your fun game, this Viper Vault Cabinet may satisfy you. This bundle includes a dartboard cabinet, a total of 6 steel tip darts, 2 built-in dry erase scoreboards and markers, and mounting hardware.
The dartboard has a staple-free bullseye, which is designed to reduce bounce-outs and raise your scores. There is a box above to mark the number of sets you’ve played. And a dart holder underneath can keep the darts upright to prevent their flights from being folded.
The 2 black dry erase scoreboards for both the X01 dart game and cricket are directly mounted inside the door. So, tracking the scores of all your games will be super convenient.
The cabinet is sturdily built from compressed bristle/sisal fibers with a walnut finish to increase the classicality and durability of the set. It is equipped with a magnetic door lock and holding hinges to keep the doors in place during game time.
The only minus point of this Viper Vault Cabinet is its weight. With 25 pounds for the whole set, some users find it quite difficult to set up and move it around when necessary.
- Comprehensive set with all accessories included
- Strong and durable
- Staple free bullseye
4. Piero Lorenzo Magnetic Dry Erase Scoreboard B075MVT1QH: Best for money-valued customers
- Keep track of your Cricket and 01 dart games in style
- Designed with a smooth surface that's compatible with all dry erase markers
- Strong magnetic backing will stay flat and secure on most metal surfaces
- Magnetic Sticker Base include, easier to install to any surface
- Measuring 14" H x 10” W
Are you searching for a user-friendly dart scorer at an affordable price? Then, an option you should not ignore is the Piero Lorenzo Magnetic Scoreboard. It is especially suitable for players pursuing old-fashioned dart games.
With a basic design and bold labels, you can easily see it from the throw line, tally, and record your scores when monitoring your progress. To effectively follow a competitive dart game, no other method is more simple yet effective than this Piero Lorenzo dry-erase dartboard.
Moreover, it features an easy-to-install function thanks to the magnetic sticker base. Stick it to the wall, start your game, and have fun. With strong magnetic backing, this dart scoreboard will stay secure and flat on most metal surfaces.
It also includes a dry-erase marker, allowing you to record the score without having to read the instruction beforehand! Keeping track of your cricket and dart games will no longer be as difficult and troublesome as it used to be. Designed with a durable and smooth surface, this Piezo dartboard is compatible with any dry erase marker.
We believe that it would be better if this dart scorer comes with a marker tray to put up the maker after each use easily.
- Easy to use without reading the manual first
- Magnetic Sticker Base for easy installation
- Smooth surface and compatible with any dry-erase marker
- Strong magnetic backing
- Does not come with a marker tray
5. Viper Dry Erase Scoreboard B01513M0XA: Best-selling dart scoreboard
- Keep track of your Cricket and 01 dart games in style
- Designed with a smooth surface that's compatible with all dry erase markers
- Includes 1 dry erase marker with eraser tip
- Mounting hardware is included, allowing for easy installation
- Measuring 23.5" H x 15.5" W, it's designed to fit on your wood cabinet or wall
Another product from the Viper scoreboard lineup we want to mention is Viper Dry Erase Scoreboard B01513M0XA. In terms of giving an old-school look to your gaming space, it is a wonderful option. Compared to other competitors in this list, this Viper scorer focuses on simplicity and user-friendly.
It has a smooth surface, which is extremely easy to clean and works well with all dry-erase markers. This scoreboard also comes with mounting hardware for installation, helping you easily mount it to a wooden cabinet or on the wall.
Whether it is a dart game of cricket, this Viper scorer still does an excellent performance and definitely will not let you down. Besides common variations on standard cricket, it also includes extra spaces for double, triple, and 3-bed shots.
It comes with no surprise that this is a simple but effective option at an affordable price for any dart player. However, it still receives some negative comments about ineffective pens. It is likely to dry very fast if it is not properly capped.
- Easy to use and install
- Ideal for a dart game or cricket
- Easy to wipeout
- Classic but beautiful design
- Smooth surface and suitable for any dry-erase marker
- Ineffective pens
How To Choose The Best Dart Scorer?
Choosing the best dart scorer for your game room is never a piece of cake. Generally, beginners may feel overwhelmed by the number of dart scorers available on the market. Fortunately, there are some major factors that you need to consider carefully before purchasing any dart scorer.
1. Different types of dart scorers
There are two main kinds of dart scorers: dry-erase scoreboards and digital dart scorers.
The former is cheap, easy to install and use. All you need is a whiteboard pen.
No AC adapter or battery is required. Moreover, you can clean and move it around your game room without any difficulty. This type also helps new players practice calculations, though it might be more hassle and possibly lead to some scoring errors.
Meanwhile, the latter is more convenient for multi-players, where you can easily start the game with a button only. That’s why they are gaining more popularity, thanks to the simplicity and functionality.
The number of players can be up to 8 players, while an error-free record is guaranteed with the digital scorers. That means you can concentrate on the games rather than worry about the scores.
The modern and stylish design of digital dart scorers will become a highlight of your room. If you want something even more portable, dart scorer apps on your smartphone may be another option.
It only takes you a few seconds to download all of them. Like digital dart scorers, these scoring apps provide players with the most accurate and convenient scoring method. Some may even allow you to save score history or share via different platforms of social media.
However, the smartphone screen is too small to play, and most free-scoring apps usually contain lots of advertisements that might interrupt your fun games.
2. Size of dart scorers
No matter what types of dart scorers you are considering, remember to pay attention to the size to make sure it fits perfectly in your game room.
Thus, we recommend to go directly to a store and check whether it is suitable in size, color, etc. Or else, it’d be better for you to ask the buyer for exact dimensions than look at the dart scorer images online.
3. Budget for dart scorers
Money is always one of the important factors before buying anything, not only dart scorers. The best dart scorers are not the most expensive ones, but the good valued ones.
Expensive dart scorers (mainly digital ones) are equipped with some additional features to support players. For example, a black-lit screen is installed to help players have a better vision in poor lighting conditions. Some can work with both AC adapter and battery, which allows you to continue the game even when one power source fails. Or some can score for a variety of games, not limited to dart. Therefore, instead of wasting money on unnecessary features, you had better look for a dart scorer that meets your requirements and expectations.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Is setting up the dart scorer difficult?
If you are a hobby dart player, which means you want to play for pleasure only, you can set it up anywhere you want. There is no need to think much about detailed measurements. But it is not the same case for professional players when you have to follow the measures carefully.
You can find all of that useful information in the product manuals. Besides, another factor is the distance between the dart scorer and the throwing line. The soft tip dart game’s official distance is about 2.45 meters, while that for the steel tip is 2.36 meters.
2. Should I put anything behind the dart scorer to protect the wall?
Absolutely yes. You can completely buy a wall protector or make it by yourself. There are some articles about DIY wall protectors on the Internet you can rely on for any customers who prefer DIY projects. Otherwise, go for a buying solution.
3. Are expensive dart scorers better?
Normally, if you want the best dart scorer with outstanding features, you have to pay higher prices for it. But some customers who only want to meet their basic needs will find those features unnecessary.
There are various models at different price ranges available on the market. Each of them has a distinctive feature. Some can be simple but extremely effective, while some are modern and fancy.
But in general, most of them can live up to your basic expectation. So, instead of buying a high-end dart scorer, you should focus on what you expect of it.
The Bottom Line
A dart scorer sounds unnecessary for some players, as keeping track of scores may be simple. Yes, it is true in theory with small games of 2 to 3 players. However, with large groups of 5, 6, or even 8 players, things can be more challenging than you may think. If you were already in this situation, you could understand what we mean.
That’s not mentioned the possibility of someone’s cheating as they have to keep their scores. Thus, if you tend to have a fun and fair game with a crowd, purchasing a dart scorer is a great choice.
Not only can the best dart scorer be the referee for mixed games, but it also boosts your gaming experience with your friends. No more trouble scoring. It can do the job correctly and efficiently.
There are many different dart scorers out there, but the Viper ProScore Digital Dart Scorer is the best. Although it is comparatively small in size, it still performs excellent work.
More importantly, it offers various customized options and hundreds of game variations for players, specifically for big groups. Therefore, it can meet the requirements of both professional players and beginners.
Last Updated on November 19, 2021 by Drake Lambert
Drake Lambert is a semi-pro dart player, full-time writer, and D&D addict. He loves writing about various topics including entertainment, games, lifestyle, and more.